School Readiness Tax Credits
Did you know that you can keep your tax dollars in our community and support early learners?
For each LA Tax ID, you can contribute up to $5,000 to the Jefferson Ready Start Network’s Future Fund and receive a dollar-for-dollar refundable credit on Louisiana State taxes as part of School Readiness Tax Credits.
Investing in the care and education of young children is the “most efficient use” of public resources.Nobel Laureate and Economist James Heckman
How It Works:
- Complete the School Readiness Tax Credit Contribution Form. Each Tax ID can receive credit for up to $5,000.
- Businesses will receive a donation letter.
- Bring the letter and copy of your receipt/check to your CPA.
- CPA files Schedule F, 68F credit code on LA state tax return.
- Credit is applied against your LA state tax liability or refunded.
If you have questions, please call 504-349-8921.